Today, organizations are growing globally and operating in conditions of uncertainty, complexity, and risk while managing a diverse workforce at different stages of their career. In this environment, adopting an evidence-based approach to HR is crucial to business success. With increasingly stronger HR leadership, companies must treat workforce data as an enterprise-wide corporate asset to effectively and efficiently drive the strategy and growth of the business through its talent.
With the SAP SuccessFactors Workforce Analytics solution, you can benefit from the technology and expertise of a global leader in people analytics and workforce intelligence solutions. This solution helps you accelerate your organization’s understanding of trends and in HR and use workforce intelligence strategically to drive business impact. It will help you improve people and organizational decisions and to help managers and business leaders do the same. You can access workforce data and intelligence in one click, from anywhere in the SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite.
As technology is always changing, there are a lot of changes occurring and coming in regard to the standard reporting tools, Workforce Analytics (WFA) and Workforce Planning. These are as follows:
- What was previously called Human Capital Analytics has been renamed to People Analytics
- SAP/SF will not be moving to SAP Analytics Cloud, but rather they will be embedding SAP Analytics Cloud technology into SAP/SF
- People Analytics front end will incorporate SAP Analytics Cloud visualizations and the back end will be based on WFA on HANA
There will be 3 editions:
- People Analytics Embedded Edition – this comes as part of the SF system and include the standard reporting tools like ad-hoc reporting and Online Report Designer (ORD). Requires no additional licensing for SAP Cloud Analytics Cloud will be needed.
- People Analytics Advanced Edition – This is what WFA is evolving into. It will remain based on WFA on HANA and the existing metrics packs.
- People Analytics Planning Edition – This is what Workforce Planning is evolving into.
When SAP SuccessFactors discontinues WFA, the investment into WFA on HANA is now safe and will not be affected by SAP/SF’s move to SAP Analytics Cloud technology nor the evolution to People Analytics Advanced Edition. Companies investing now will automatically get the new functionality of People Analytics as it evolves.
Roadmap / Timeline (subject to change by SAP/SF)
- Report Center universal push moved
- Q3.2019 in Preview
- Q4.2019 for Production
Report Center is a hub for People Analytics and you can launch it from there.
- People Analytics Embedded edition
- Beta Q2.2019
- General Availability: Q4.2019
- People Analytics Advanced Edition
- Beta: Q3/Q4.2019
- GA: Q1.2020
- People Analytics Planning Edition
- GA: Q1.2020
Exaserv can help you implement and support you with SuccessFactors Workforce Analytics. Interested in learning how? Contact us below by clicking the button and we can connect you with one of our senior consultants.
Author(s): Mark Farnan