What is Test Automation?
Test automation is the process where test cases are executed with the assistance of tools, scripts, and software. 4Deets is focused on offering test automation as a service which allows clients to focus resources in other areas.
Key Benefits of Test Automation:
Speed – this is an important one. Manual testing is time consuming. Planning resources to be available for testing and making sure they’re trained to test can be a challenge. Automated testing runs significantly faster than a human and it can be done overnight or on the weekends. This is a huge advantage if system changes need to be deployed quickly. Automated testing significantly improves business agility.
Consistency – If you test after every change, you will know which change is causing the problem. If you only test after 5 changes, it’s a lot harder to figure out which change caused the problem. With the speed and convenience of automated testing it will help you to run tests more frequently and quickly find the issues that may arise.
Cost – Automated testing has comparable set-up expenses as manual testing. However, the cost per test quickly diminishes. In the long term, automated testing is much more cost effective for testing most modules within SuccessFactors.
Risk – If your HR system consists of confidential information, and it almost always does, there are risks where improper testing will expose sensitive information. This can lead to direct or indirect financial loss. Fines for non-compliance with GDPR are steep and exposed salary or performance rating information can result in an un-engaged workforce. As we know, manual processes have a higher failure rate than automated processes.
Conclusion – Automated testing will significantly reduce the need for manual testing, make your business more agile, save you money and strongly reduce your risk.
4Deets Test Automation Approach
4Deets uses eight steps within its test automation approach, going from scope definition to monitoring. 4Deets’ services covers all steps of the testing approach.
- Automation Scope Definition
- Test automation should cover at least 80% of the tests required for regression testing, focus there first!
- Framework Set-up
- We use best-of-breed open source solutions that are designed for web-based cloud applications.
- Environment Configuration
- All configuration is maximized for adaptability and possible changes during release updates.
- Test Data Preparation
- Test Data is crucial. Test automation is used to set up the test data.
- Automated Test Creation
- Automated test are set up using the BDD (Behaviour Driver Development).
- Test Run & Analysis
- One single environment to review all test runs and results. Use of test step reporting and failed screen shots.
- Automated Test Support
- Focus on easy maintenance of test automation scenarios through focused micro team structure.
- Test Automation Monitoring
- Automatic Notifications and dashboard monitoring.
Every enterprise HCM platform is configured to your specific processes and therefore needs testing. Cloud systems may need less than on-prem but testing is still vital for a well-performing system. Do you have your testing covered well? In this 14-page guide, we will dive into the different tests which are relevant to your SuccessFactors platform.
4Deets, a division of Exaserv focused on Automated Testing Services for SuccessFactors is now available in the SAP App Center. You can view it here: https://www.sapappcenter.com/apps/32366#!overview
Many know that software testing is very important before rolling out to production and to critical users. But…. a few people like to do it. People expect software to work flawlessly but any bug or mistake can be blown up. Over the years, cloud software has made expectations even higher due to the architecture and controlled environment.