“By putting the employee first, the customer effectively comes first by default, and in the end, the shareholder comes first by default as well.” – Richard Branson. As businesses continue to take a paradigm shift about core HR, gone are the days where HR is solely the system of record but rather now a core solution which houses and transforms an organizations goals and missions. Within this shift more cloud-based solutions are being implemented specifically for core HR processes such as SAP SuccessFactors solution. This solution accommodates, centralizes, and capitalizes on the diversity of the ever changing global workplace. Within this solution, Employee Central is a prime example of how to manage employees while supporting the business globally with localized compliance. Luckily, with this solution an organization is not limited to its processes but can rather integrate with other core modules with talent and business processes which lead to better scope, performance and overall decision making. Just think, Employee Central is not just the system of record but rather the platform where everything in the organization comes together, transforming the total HR experience. A leading module in SAP SuccessFactors, one of its main strengths is its global and local unmatched capabilities, ensuring both legal and corporate compliance and perspective. If chooses to implement this module within your organization, the customer will be guaranteed these three key points of process:
Refine Strategy: Provide visibility and insight on the entire workplace, allowing company HR leaders to advise senior leaders on business-driven people strategies and decisions. Provides simple reporting tools, with access to more than 2,000 built-in metrics in the Workforce Analytics, which allows HR to refine the people strategies and determine their impact to the team for performance and assessment purposes. Look at Employee Central as the central hub for people and talent.
Provide Structure: Employee Central provides position management and organizational charting providing an overall talent experience of comprehensive, integrated, and searchable people and information. Displaying intelligent services, this solution manages end-to-end processes and not just transactions.
Engage People: Keeping people informed every step of the way adds value to an organization. Using Employee Central allows HR to ensure best practices, create real images of themselves and others, and empower connections, engage in social collaborations to maximize growth, engagement and overall efficiency throughout the organization.
Overall, SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central provides users ultimate growth across boundaries maximizing the talent and people experience.
“A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way, and shows the way.” – John C. Maxwell. Gone are the days where managers are simply taught to manage, not lead, and a boss, lead, but not manage. In the millennial workplace, the two words coincide, while the traditional mindset is more insufficient. Rather a manager or a boss, being an efficient leader will take your team far further than your job description. Noted in a recent Forbes article, in today’s society a trust-based leader is more effective and profitable for overall betterment and movement of the company. If you hold a leadership position currently in your organization, here are three ways to distinguish if you are simply being a manager, a boss, or real LEADER, carrying the team on your shoulders to ultimately meet company missions and goals.
- Mission – Manager View: it’s the manager’s job to run an apparatus and make sure its running smoothly and prevent incidents from occurring. Leaders view: take an opposite stand, your team runs everything you accomplish. It’s a constant Team Effort! A leader asks their team for input, perspective, viewpoints, creativity, etc. You know the saying, it’s no I in team and the team all has one goal in mind and that is to accomplish the task at hand.
- Self-Awareness – A leader is a leader always regardless of emotions, especially fear. Fear is the verb which separates a Leader from a manager. Fear allows one to react in certain ways they wouldn’t normally because of such emotion. Instead leaders operate through trust versus making threats. Lastly, it’s not always about being right, leaders know when to admit their faults, be empathetic, express gratitude and appreciation.
- Risk and Trust – Putting your career in other people’s hands is a great risk, but great risk brings high reward. With trust comes vulnerability, which allows a leader to learn who they are as a person and as a leader, as well as learn and trust others. Risk and trust is a constant struggle for managers as putting your faith in others, from whom you do not love, can become hard to manage. This is where the leader inside of every manger should exude; as a leader you have to know when to be an Indian and not a chief. Your team has brilliant ideas, at times let them carry you to the finish line.
To Benefit from…
“Write your injuries in dust, your benefits in marble.” – Benjamin Franklin. So, you’ve hired a new employee or more, now what are you, as HR, providing to new hires to retain them, possibly health insurance, 401K, vacation time, etc.? These fringe benefits are critical factors to the success of your team and overall organization. Fringe benefits can be defined as benefits provided by the employer as various forms of nonwage compensation to an employee, in addition to their normal wages and salary. Fringe benefits include but not limited to; company cars, sick leave, profit sharing, retirement plans, education funding, child-care plans, long-term and life assurance, and relocation assistance. Although an expectation by most job seekers, a competitive fringe benefit packet can make your company more attractive, have applicants more engaged, as well as keep top talent. Who knows, if managed properly, fringe benefits can be a great source to hiring candidates. You may be wondering how the company itself can benefit from these fringe benefits, let me tell you, when companies negotiate with insurance companies, this will lower the cost per employee; therefore the employee feels more assurance and might stay awhile. In today’s society, retaining top talent has become more difficult, not to mention the the cost of health care is at an all-time high. Here is where offering a competitive benefit package can be to a company’s advantage. Employees will work harder if they have more to benefit from, fringe benefit that is.
“Change is the end result of all true learning.” – Leo Buscaglia. 2017 is the year of many changes, as January was the inauguration of business man, President Donald Trump. Just in a few months he and his cabinet aimed to substitute, amend, and replace, etc., many of the laws former President Barack Obama executed during his presidency. As this relates to the business world, 2017 is the year of compliance reversal, and in order to keep up with this change, organizations will need to move toward HR/payroll systems using cloud-based solutions. While focusing on the cloud, mobile friendly sites are another feature, HR should be moving towards, as organizations are developing their full sites to be totally capable by the user. If your organization is not up on game yet, consider looking for HCM software which deploys via mobile (e.g. SAP SuccessFactors). The world revolves around mobile devices! Recruiting, a top priority of HR, primary focus should be marketing to attract top talent. Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) in the cloud are doing just this, take SuccessFactors Recruiting Marketing for instance, a visually appealing, mobile friendly, easy accessible website promoting your organizations to draw in substantial applicants. Online self-service is almost becoming a fad; while voice activated information distribution is the new trend. The world has grown into instant gratification, so gone are the days where a person will have to log in to a website to receive information, they can receive an answer instantly by talking to a phone or other device.
The world of HR, specifically HCM technology is constantly evolving, therefore, it is HR’s responsibility to understand what is occurring, notice the trends, and implement accordingly. 2017 is yet another exciting year for HCM technology. Allow your organization to get on board and join this train of new solutions, innovation, and growth. So, if you need to let go of the software or HCM method your organization is using now, never fear, another cloud-based solution is here. Take advantage of it now, GO!
“Appreciation is a wonderful thing: It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.” – Voltaire. Appreciation for your colleagues, coworkers, employees, can happen at any moment; it doesn’t have to be a special occasion to recognize persons for their contributions. In actuality, small tokens of appreciation spread throughout the year go a long way, as this brings value to not just the person receiving the appreciation but the team as a whole. So, I know what you’re thinking, “What kind of ways can I show appreciation in the workplace?” Well I’m here to tell you, opportunities are unlimited and it starts with a thought. Don’t just stop here; use this lesson of appreciation, in your personal lives. Show the people that matter most to you, they are appreciated. This way it becomes easier! More acts of appreciation towards your employees can in fact keep a person motivated about the overall organizational goal. In a recent article posted in the Balance, ten ways were explained on how to show employees appreciation; I have provided my Top Five:
- Praise something your coworker has done well – Identify an admirable action, give praise, and emphasize the action to be seen more often. (i.e. “You did an awesome job on the weekly presentation today.”
- Say thank you – Any small act of kindness and courtesy goes a long way. Just like in our personal lives, these social niceties’ too belong in the workplace.
- Present a personalized gift – know your employees personal interest to present gifts from time to time. A gift does not have to be material things, as a card showing appreciation and compassion goes a long way.
- Almost everyone appreciates food – Any day is a day for celebration; take employees out for lunch dates to show appreciation, special occasions, and showcase employees for meeting goals or deadlines for the week or month.
- Finally, provide opportunity – Cross training, attending conferences, organizational events, spread the wealth with your employees has they can benefit from it and contribute to the team. This provides even more of a reason to show appreciation.
Appreciation: the recognition and enjoyment of the good qualities of someone or something. Show an act of kindness today by appreciating those around you.
“Your problem is to bridge the gap which exists between where you are now and the goal you intend to reach.”– Earl Nightingale. You got a new job, it’s your first day, jitters maybe…, not as much, as you are a remote employee. The day in a life of a remote employee, are flexible work hours, comfortable clothing, a computer, and headphones. As a remote employee, being micro-managed is less of a thought; as scientifically is states that by working remotely, employees are more productive.